SHIPPING AND RETURNS
WHERE WE SHIP
- We ship anywhere within India.
- We also ship internationally to over 150 countries and offer different shipping options as applicable.
- The House Of Things (THOT) ships most India orders via Delhivery, however suppliers shipping direct may utilise other shipping methods.
- International orders are shipped via FEDEX. Read more about International Shipping in our FAQs.
- The tracking details and carrier information associated with your order will be provided in your shipment confirmation email.
- INDIA: We offer free shipping all over India.*
- INTERNATIONAL: Shipping costs will vary depending on the item purchased, as well as method and location of delivery. The final shipping cost for your order will be available on the Payment Page after you have entered your shipping address.
- Please get in touch with our Concierge for details on cost effective international shipping.
- Shipping times will vary depending on whether the item is in our warehouse, shipping directly from the supplier, or made-to-order. The expected shipping date for each item is available under the DETAILS section on the product page.
- A tracking number with delivery details will be emailed to you when your order ships.
- Items that are in stock and shipping from our warehouse are typically processed within 1 to 3 business days.
- Items that are made-to-order or customised will be commissioned by you when you place your order, and therefore will take longer to produce and ship (Typically between 4 to 8 weeks)
- Further information on the order status can be provided by our customer care upon request.
TAXES AND CUSTOM DUTIES FOR INDIAN CUSTOMERS
- Product Prices displayed are inclusive of all taxes and duties.
TAXES AND CUSTOM DUTIES FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
- International Orders are shipped to on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis
- This means product prices displayed are exclusive of all import duties.
- As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are in.
- Payment of these at the time of delivery is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival. For more information, please write to us on email@example.com
HOW MUCH WILL I BE CHARGED FOR SHIPPING?
- Shipping costs will be calculated based on the packing requirements, size, weight and destination of your shipment.
ARE THERE EVER ANY ADDITIONAL SHIPPING FEES?
- Yes, in certain cases there could be additional shipping and handling fee if the product is excessively voluminous or heavy or if it needs special care while transportation.
MAY I REQUEST FOR AN ESTIMATE ON TRANSPORTATION COSTS
- Yes! If you require a transportation quote, you will need to provide your Address and Zipcode to our team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We aim to get back to you with an estimate in 2-3 working days
- The House Of Things insures each purchase during the time it is in transit until it is delivered to you.
- We require a signature for any good delivered, at which point responsibility for your purchased goods passes to you.
- If you have specified a recipient who is not you for delivery purposes (for example as a gift) then you accept that evidence of a signature by them (or at that delivery address) is evidence of delivery and fulfilment by The House Of Things
- Order cut-off times are provided as guidelines only, and do not take into account possible delays caused by payment authorisation.
- Estimated delivery times are to be used as a guide only and commence from the date of dispatch. We are not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes.
- We are unable to redirect orders once items have been dispatched.
- All orders require a signature upon receipt.
- We accept returns only in case of damages in-transit or manufacturing defects.
- Items are returnable only if unused, in the state you received it, and in the original packaging.
- Items marked as ‘Final Sale’ cannot be returned
- Custom Made/Commissioned items cannot be returned
- Products must be returned within two weeks from the date of delivery
- Orders cannot be cancelled once shipped.
- Please write to us at email@example.com and state the reason of your return in the the email. Please mention your order number in this email as well.
- All costs of return shipping need to be borne by the purchaser (Unless the order received is defective)
- If order is to be cancelled after shipment, the individual return policy of the vendor applies. A return fee is charged by vendors in most cases
- Please email us a your order number and details along with a photo of the damage if possible, within 24 hours of receiving the order
- Returned items must be in their original packaging
- We are happy to replace or refund any defective items
RETURNING A GIFT
- We are very sorry that your gift did not work for you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in returning the item.
- You cannot obtain store credit for a returned gift item; however, we can definitely process a gift exchange for you for another item.
- We will process any refunds and/or provide credits after the returned goods have been received in new condition and in the original packaging. Your order total will be refunded, minus costs for shipping and handling each way, within 15 working days after we receive & check the returened goods.
- To return/refund an item, please write to us at email@example.com, a prompt response is assured to such mails. Alternatively, please call our concierge on +91 80030 11110 which remains open 9 AM-9 PM (Monday to Saturday)
- Products purchased under any promotional offer or discounted scheme cannot be exchanged.
- Kindly Note: No cash returns are provided
- Credit Note will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue. This code can be redeemed only one time, it cannot be use partially. You can use this credit note for the purchase of same value or higher value.
- An order cannot be cancelled once it has been shipped OR after 24 hours of placing the order
- Returned items must be in new condition and in the original packaging.
- Modification of Terms and conditions of Exchanges and Returns policy - www.thehouseofthings.in may at any time modify the User Agreement without any prior notification to you. Management decision of the www.thehouseofthings.in would be the final decision Subsequent to any modification of the User Agreement; In the event the modified User Agreement is not acceptable to you, you should discontinue using the service. However, if you continue to use the service you shall be deemed to have agreed to accept and abide by the modified User Agreement.